- Reporting to: Environmental Leader C&O.
- Department: SHEQ – Technical Services.
- Job Location: Región de Los Rios, Chile.
- Travel Required: Frequently.
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Lead in the field the environmental management of projects under construction, ensuring the effective control of the environmental aspects identified, the environmental legal requirements and corporate guidelines applicable to MRP projects.
What you will do?
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure compliance with the environmental commitments and obligations of the project during its construction stage.
- Lead the correct execution of environmental commitments in coordination with the project team, ITOs, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Advise the project team on site on environmental matters, ensuring the correct understanding of the commitments and obligations that must be fulfilled.
- Ensure the implementation of corporate guidelines on environmental management, consistent with the applicable environmental regulations and the specific environmental authorizations that each project has.
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Management Plan applicable to each project, in order to prevent the work from negatively impacting the environment of the place where the project is executed, keeping the Agreement Plan updated to project changes.
- Periodically review the environmental status of the projects, defining preventive, corrective and improvement measures if necessary.
What we require?
- The Successful Candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Engineer of any specialty with degree in environment.
- 5 years of work experience (similar position) in the construction and or operartions business.
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in projects that have been submitted to the Environmental Impact Assessment System.
- Experience in management of inspections of the Environmental Authority (SMA), and presentation of compliance programs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of environmental management systems.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."