A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
- Business transformation and BI executive to support & deliver end-to-end key global financial requirements
- Business intelligence (Power BI) analysis and reporting
- Financial reporting EPM solution roll out including data management, report design and implementation (CCH® Tagetik - Wolters Kluwer)
- End-to-end process review including identification of improvement opportunities
- Finance transformation project support to deliver optimisation across people, processes and technology
- Ongoing support for financial reporting business requirements (Finance leadership, FP&A, Accounting and wider finance team requirements)
- Development and data management activities with IT to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information (Data sources including ERP Microsoft Dynamics 365 and other tools)
- Balance of technical skillset and finance function experience to deliver solutions and reporting for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders across finance, operations and IT to drive improvements, development and integration aligned with the transformation roadmap requirements
- Prepare executive-level presentations and communication of results.
- Role reports to Finance Transformation lead
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Closely align with business stakeholders and internal IT resources to drive reporting solutions.
- Define and implement operational best practices and standards, driving operational efficiency and consistency in financial reporting requirements
- Provide technical hands-on guidance and support to design and support an analytics data platform across Finance (including EPM & BI design, data modelling etc)
- Support business & technical stakeholders to deliver actionable data insights for management reporting
- Effectively communicate across all layers of the organisation
- Support in the set up of a high performing Financial reporrting and Business Intelligence (BI) team focused on performance and career development
- Expertise in BI reporting, ETL and database management platforms including Power BI and SQL Server
- Expertise in building, maintaining, and optimizing data models and BI visualization
- Maintain and drive partnerships with key IT partners in support of data warehousing initiatives
- Support projects, including developing technical requirements, defining scope, creating design documents, project management, implementation, and test approach/test planning.
- Support on ongoing Microsoft dynamics ERP projects and an EPM implementation (CCH® Tagetik - Wolters Kluwer)
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industry or consulting, during which both professional and management capabilities are demonstrated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Management, or Accounting/Finance. Requires strong technical abilities managing projects and IT partners.
- Proven experience over organisation performing daily/monthly production close activities.
- Strong analytical foundation and data-driven approach to understanding a business
- Experience interacting with technical teams co-developing and supporting critical solutions on corporate enterprise level as well as application reporting development
- Experience supporting data warehousing and data management solutions
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles to assist in planning, partnership, and impacts between finance systems and data insights
- Strong financial acumen, accounting principles, SOX policies, auditing techniques, and Data Warehouse systems.
- Ability to automate manual processes by creating coding scripts that pull data directly from source systems at scheduled intervals
- 5+ years of experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) to deliver advanced BI and Data solutions.
- 5 + years of MS-SQL/TSQL writing stored procedures and database schema design
- Project management experience.
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical terms. Also the ability to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms for business stakeholders.
- Possess the ability to identify, analyse, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Effective communicator and collaborator up and down an organisation with strong written and verbal skills.
What's on offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in the company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6-month probation period.