As Renewable Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager and the wider procurement team.
The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Assist with compliance of SHEQ requirements, ensuring these are incorporated into the procurement workstreams for all projects.
- Development of a procurement cost and technology databases.
- Provision of procurement support as required during due diligence, auction, bid and financial close processes.
- Development of procurement strategies and plans for projects.
- Preparation of Request for Proposals (“RfP”).
- Preparation of RfP data rooms and RfP administrative requirements.
- Assist with procurement processes including; contractor prequalification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Evaluation of contractor proposals.
- Preparation of recommendation memos.
- Coordination with the procurement team, the engineering team as well as development and construction teams for preparation of the technical Employer’s Requirements.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Commercial, Energy Analysis, Engineering, Development and Construction.
- Administration of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specifications, standards, templates, processes etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer’s Requirements with Engineering team.
- Assist the Procurement Manager with cost and schedule estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Energy, Business or Environment.
- 2–3 years industry experience.
- Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management. PMI ®; PMP® considered an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in renewable energy projects considered an advantage.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.
The Procurement Executive reports to the Procurement Manager.
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
What's on offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in the company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 months probation period.